Monday, May 8, 2023

First Communion

A weekend for the history books. A coronation. (I absolutely did wake up at 4 to watch.) A derby in which yet again C picked the winning horse. (How?!)
And three special Masses, my first First Communion Masses in my role at St. Paul's. Each was a beautiful and special occasion.
But oh that final Mass. When I took off my "staff" hat and put on my "parent" one. I am so proud of my sweet girl and also so glad we did a photoshoot weeks ago since I didn't have time yesterday. I cried the happiest tears as she received Jesus for the first time and it was made even more special because of the dear and faithful men of God who gave it to her. Oh and the friends who surrounded her as well. What a fantastic community we have.
Then to follow it up with time with people who love her including her great grandma just was the cherry on top. God bless you, M! May you always love and serve the Lord in whatever way you're called.


Here is the whole group ready to go up for their processional. 


Later last night, we had some special time just the two of us watching a storm from a covered porch outside. It was the best. 


And as we drove home, we saw a DOUBLE rainbow and it was so cool. A perfect ending to a practically perfect weekend! 




 

2 comments:

  1. Happy First Communion to your girl! What a blessed and beautiful day! I am feeling the love and joy right through the screen. And what a weekend, my friend! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend! I'm so happy for M and all of her classmates! The double rainbow is absolutely the cherry on top of a perfect weekend and next year, I'm going to get C's pick for the Derby so I can cash in!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!