Monday, August 14, 2023

August Adventures

I wish I had interesting things to post all the time but the last week or so has been rather quietly boring. And I am just totally fine with that. 

Up until last Thursday anyhow. We have had some fun family time these past few days. 

Thursday night we went to the art museum to see the Charles Schultz exhibit again before it left. 


Saturday we went to a different museum to see the Jerusalem movie I have been wanting to see. 


Yesterday we went on a big family adventure day and started at the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum. Here are the kids posing as the Hoovers. 



We stopped on the way home at the I-80 World's Largest Truck Stop. It was a hoot. 



Then we went to the I-80 Truck Museum and I was not anticipating how interesting it was going to be. It was HUGE. 


They even have this, and it's one of the oldest trucks ever. Like from when trucks were first ever manufactured! And I was so impressed.

I don't really care about trucks at all and I found it so fascinating. If you have even a remote interest in seeing the history of trucks and find yourself in Iowa, you should definitely make time to go. It's even free! (Though they accept donations and we did feel inclined to give at the end.) 

So that's what we have been up to! Family time together before school starts and trying to have a good time. 

2 comments:

  1. I passed the World's largest truck stop this weekend bringing my daughter to college! She asked me if it's really the world's largest. I don't know but it's fun to think it is! I did not know it had a museum ; when we go visit big sister in October, we'll stop by with my sons - all gadget loving guys, so the trucks will be right up their alley. (I am a destination oriented traveler, so we usually only stop for gas and bathroom breaks, both of which are available there, so it will work.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys are enjoying lots of family time and adventures before the summer is over! Your kids look so happy in all these pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!