Friday, January 19, 2024

Day Three: Epcot

*I know that reading full recaps of Disney trips might not be all that interesting to you. But this is for me! 

Wednesday was our Epcot day! Epcot is my favorite of the parks! And usually my feet hurt, I swear it's the park where you do the most walking too. So we opted to put it first and I am so glad that we did. 

We left our room at about 6:45 to get in line for the Skyliner. I read a ton of reviews and some people really dislike the walk from Little Mermaid. I didn't think it was a big deal at all, to be honest. 






While we were standing in line the virtual queue for Guardians of the Galaxy opened and we did not get a spot. This made me deeply unhappy so ultimately, I decided to buy the ILL (Individual Lightning Lane) for the 4 of us. Still cheaper than a day of Genie +. 

We rode the Skyliner but we got off at Riviera Resort first. It's the newest resort and I loved it so much! We had breakfast at Topolino's Terrace and I loved every stinkin' second. It was so lovely. We met Artist Mickey, Poet Minnie, Ballerina Daisy and Sculptor Donald. 




M's waffle dippers were the cutest thing I have ever seen!! There was syrup, raspberry sauce that was absolutely heavenly and almost a Nutella dip for the waffles. 


I had the steak and eggs and I am not kidding when I say that I think it was the best steak I have ever had. I really loved this breakfast and it was PERFECT for a day at Epcot!



Also, can we have a chat about Florida in January? Because I loved doing Disney when it wasn't hot. Cool mornings required a sweatshirt but once we got going we were all very comfortable in our shorts or capris and tees. 

At home it was a 2 hour late start! Yay for missing less school than planned! 

After breakfast we Skyliner-ed over to Epcot and in through International Gateway. Now my priorities for Epcot might be wildly different than your priorities for Epcot so do not follow this touring plan for yourself if it doesn't make sense for you. Our day looked like this: 

Met Winnie the Pooh in Christopher Robin's room. 


Met Asha from Wish. (We really loved that movie, I know it got poor reviews but we loved it.) 



Gran Fiesta Tour, Frozen, Soarin', Living with the Land, Nemo, Spaceship Earth, Pictures with the new Walt Disney Statue. 

It was very bright at this point and C was so excited to take the picture but all the ones of him looking he is squinty. 



Journey Into Imagination with Figment. When we got off the ride Figment was just leaving for a break. Which wasn't great since the kids were in Figment shirts specifically to meet him... so we went and rode Frozen again and then came back to meet Figment. 



We checked out the new Journey Through Water with Moana. It was really well done. C said "I can't believe Disney keeps out Disneying themselves." 



After that, we went back to take pictures with Walt when it wasn't so bright. But still no great picture. Then it was time to ride Guardians of the Galaxy. Now you need to know that this wasn't all sunshine and roses. M had LOST her mind about Guardians. She literally cried over it multiple times. Not her best moment of the trip and my reaction was not a great one either. 

But I had paid for it, it was non-refundable and sometimes that girl is a wimp for no reason because she likes the drama of it all? But Emilie told her it was scary and that was enough. I mentioned all the people who didn't think it was scary and that had no impact. Even her friend's little brother with photo evidence! I honestly don't know. We for the most part take it easy with big rides but I am also of the mindset that you can't know you don't like something if you don't try it. 

So we negotiated her going on Guardians and stopping freaking out over it if she didn't have to ride Space Mountain or Tron the next day. Sold. (Wasn't going to try to get Tron anyway, and I like Space Mountain but this was a deal that was coming out better for me anyway.) 



Honestly? It was so not as bad as I expected. The show before the ride was awesome. The ride itself was way less spinny than I was expecting. (I do not do spinny rides, the tea cups for instance make me want to die.) It was SO smooth and I loved rocking out to the music. We had I ran (so far away) by Flock of Seagulls. Which of course is the one song on the playlist that I think my kids don't really know. But I liked it and would for sure go again. 

M agreed it wasn't too bad. But she never wants to do it again. Lol. The picture absolutely makes me die laughing. I am just having fun and watching M who has her eyes closed. C is all into it and Husband could be on its a small world. 

Then we stopped by Club Cool to try the different Coke products from around the world. The Royal from the Philippines was a nice raspberry and we all liked it. 


We took the Friendship boat from Canada to Morocco. It's about a 3 minute boat ride that saves you 15 minutes of walking. 

The boys went to ride Ratatouille while the girls chilled out in France. M met Belle. We girls don't like Remy... the spinning and the 3D gives me a headache! 


After the boys joined us we went to the Beauty and the Beast Sing-a-long. Which was awesome. 



Then we had dinner. The kids in the American pavilion and the adults had Fish and Chips in England. During dinner, we made a plan that involved missing the nighttime spectacular in Epcot. Honestly, I did really want to see it, but it was going to be late and we'd have to kill like 2 hours before it would even start and no one had anything else they really wanted to do. 

We went to see the Canada movie which if you do go to Epcot you should not skip. It's delightful and the Canada song is my absolute favorite to sing! We should have gone twice in a row. 

But we didn't and after the movie, we headed back to the skyline, said goodbye to Epcot, and went to the room and to sleep. Well the kids went to sleep, and the grownups did laundry. But then we went to sleep. 

It was a full and fun day! 

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!