Saturday, January 27, 2024

TLDR: Overview of Our Trip Reflections with Never Before Seen Photos

So for the TLDR: We were gone 8 days. 1 sleep at MCO. 3 sleeps at Walt Disney World at the Art of Animation resort. 3 sleeps on the Disney Cruise ship The Wish. 

  • The Hyatt at MCO has been great both times we've stayed there. Clean rooms. Kind employees. Will likely stay there again. Also, they have day passes available and while I've never done that, I would consider it in the future instead of killing hours and hours in the airport. 
  • Initially, we had planned just to cruise but added some park days onto the trip as well. Ultimately I am glad we did this. WDW is familiar to me and cruising wasn't. I needed the confidence of that portion of the trip for sure. And doing just our favorite two parks was really fun and special.
  • Topolino's Terrace Restaurant's breakfast is officially added to my top meals at WDW list. Also on the list are Ohana and Storybook Dining at Artist Point. I recommend all of them without hesitation. 
  • Art of Animation was not my favorite. Admittedly, I don't know any value resort would be my favorite. But I didn't ultimately hate it the way I expected to. However, for being the most expensive value resort I don't know that it was worth the price difference. I also found the theming in the rooms to be garish and unnecessary rather than adorable. You may not feel the same as me. It is a very popular resort and has been where C was DYING to stay. 
  • The Skyliner is a really handy mode of transportation. They should build more. And also I would stay on the route again. But maybe at Boardwalk or Riviera. 
  • When reading tips and tricks for the cruise everyone said the best cruise is the longest cruise. I don't know about that, but for us 3 days weren't enough! But we were glad we did the land portion first: some do it in reverse and I think having the exhausting walking portion before chilling and relaxing is the way to go. Nothing on the ship felt far away after a day at Epcot. 

  • The cruise had a million options of things to do and all had Disney magic. We never felt over Disney-ed but those elements were always there and we loved that. 
  • The only two things I bought for the cruise stateroom were a multioutlet plug with USB ports and some magnet hooks for the walls. We never used the plug on the ship, funny enough only at the hotels. The magnets however were awesome. 
  • No one got seasick or felt claustrophobic at any point on the cruise in our family. We are prone to motion sickness but small spaces don't bug us. Take that for what it's worth. 


  • January is generally one of the least expensive times to cruise because the Caribbean isn't that warm. Well, the 80s and 70s felt warm to us northerners who dodged 2 ft of snowfall and came back to windchill warnings. Although, I didn't spend a ton of time in the ocean though everyone else in my family did. 
  • We will absolutely cruise again. This time with a longer itinerary and no WDW portion of the trip beforehand. We did the big WDW trip in 2022. Land and sea in 2024... so a cruise-only trip next just seems right. 
Thank you for following along on the Family Land and Sea Trip Recap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!