Monday, July 15, 2024

A Middle of July update

When I tell you I haven't taken one interesting picture since I last blogged, believe me! 

Last week I spent the week at home with the kids and I'd love to tell you it was exciting but honestly, it was just super chill.

We've been working to get ahead of the game for 4th grade and that's the year of learning all the state capitals. So I made Mom's version of flash cards.


Funny enough this was enough information to keep her interest and help her remember Harrisburg. She's gone from about 12 memorized to about 25 or 30 in a week so I am hopeful we can get those into her brain early. 

C got his hair cut. And then we got McDonald's for lunch because they're in the same parking lot. 


This made me laugh. I sent it to a friend who is taking her family to Germany both in jest and solidarity. M is going through a phase where she hates all food. 


I had a show to see. It was okay. 


And really that's it for interesting. Except for my tire saga. Long story short: ended up with a nail in my tire and it couldn't be repaired. (Why is it always my driver's side rear tire that acts up? I'm going to have to start holy watering it.) 

A new tire was ordered and it came in today so this evening it will go on. That will be good. It came at a very inconvenient time though as these things do. 

More of interest soon, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh car stuff is so annoying. It's like one's health, you don't appreciate how good life is until you (or your car) gets sick. Your flashcards are top notch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are getting ahead for the school year. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!