Monday, July 29, 2024

A Weekend Recap

 Last week M had Swiftie Science camp. She was delighted to show us all the guitar she made.


Instead of a movie on Friday, we watched the Opening Ceremonies because we love the Olympics. We made our traditional Olympic ring cookies to celebrate. 


Here's the thing: I thought the opening ceremony was weird. I did not take offense to the "last supper" mostly because it wasn't really last supper-ish. Since we watched the recap I knew others had said it was sacrilegious and offensive but... I just didn't get that sense of it at all. 

People standing by a table does not necessarily mean Jesus. DaVinci isn't French and despite what many are saying I just got more Dionysus/Greek/Olympia vibes than Jesus vibes. I honestly don't think the intent was to insult Christians. But I also saw the recap and maybe it was edited down dramatically after the initial outrage. 

I was honestly more taken aback by the heading to the bedroom part... and the Marie Antoinette headlessness. (Like, you have all of history of your country and you went with that?!) 

We've been enjoying the Olympics though! 

Saturday M and I went to see Pinkalicious the Musical together. We had a nice time. 


And really, that's all I have to show for the weekend. We watched a lot of swimming, fencing, gymnastics and a little bit of volleyball and some other sports too. 

Now we are ready for a good week! 

2 comments:

  1. I love those cookies. I’d eat one right now. Have a beautiful day.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad to hear your more calm take on the Olympics thing. We love the Olympics too but we are so annoyed about the unfairness of men in girls sports. That seems worth the emotional expense to me cause it actually matters to the point of the event.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!