Tuesday, February 11, 2025

Day 1

Flights are weird. In this case American changed the flight so many times that I was just glad we had seats. And I was a little on edge because of what happened in DC just 2 days before. But we arrived and parked and made our way indoors.


Our tiny little airport has an art gallery in it before security. There was an exhibit I was hoping to see but I decided rather than pay for short-term parking to do so we'd just arrive for our flight early. It worked out great. 

Aren't these darling little flower puffs?


I should note that we got to spend the entire morning at home, even having lunch. We had late flights. This was not ideal for my over-excited kids but worked out great for my overly stressed self to be sure we had everything we needed for the trip. 

After we made it through the easiest security line we've ever experienced we killed some time. 



Flight one was uneventful. M played wiki sticks and made this little example of our trip. I loved it! (That's her with her suitcase.)


She also took pictures of the clouds. 


We landed in Dallas in time for a gorgeous sunset!


After a fairly lengthy layover that included M being hangry that she couldn't wait for TGI Fridays to seat us, we ended up having Shake Shack. But whatever. Our flight to Orlando was late and we really hoped the kids would sleep. 

C managed to doze a bit.


Little Miss I can't sleep without a bed did not but at least she was cozy and relaxed. 

But the best part is that we have mastered the art of staying at the MCO Hyatt, so within 45 minutes of landing everyone was in bed dead asleep except for me. (I showered. And then went to sleep.) 

Admittedly, this is not the most exciting update on the trip but... that's okay. These are for me to remember and not because I am making any money off of this blog! 

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on my blog reading now—looking forward to the rest of the posts about your trip! (This brings me back to our flying days. We never seem to travel by air anymore—and my husband was an airline pilot for 32 years! We have become road trippers.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!