Wednesday, February 19, 2025

Day 7 and Day 8

So last year, we disembarked, spent the entire day at the airport and got home after midnight. That was terrible. It made the end of the vacation just miserable. 

We got wise. We disembarked and went to WDW for the day. No parks!! Just a casual resort hopping day. 

We had our early early breakfast and said goodbye to Randy and Roman. 


Then we had to get off the ship. Boo. And we sat on a bus for a real long time. Now... I don't see a way around this. Because had we stayed on board we wouldn't have been allowed in our room and we would have just sat around there too so getting off was fine. 

The Wish was also in port. It was nice to say Hello to her too! 



Finally, we got going and made it to WDW.


Let it be known that I was deeply unexcited about staying at Pop Century. But I figured it was only one night. 

We ditched our bags at Bell Services and then sprinted for the restroom which were being cleaned. I was not super kind to the poor guy when I demanded he tell me where a restroom was then! After we used the restroom he kindly directed us to, we hopped onto the Skyliner. 


We rode all the way to Epcot and then walked to the Beach Club. Then took a bus to Disney Springs. 

First, we waited in the half-hour line at Gideon's Bake House. I would never in a million years say it was worth it on a regular Disney trip, but for our day it was nice to finally try these cookies. They were fine. We have a place in town and the cookies are just as good and big. But I am glad we tried it. Then we went to Earl of Sandwich for lunch. Yum! 


We went to the World of Disney and I realized how much I saved by going to that hour-long presentation. 

After that, we rode a boat to French Quarter and I got my girly some Mickey Beignets. After all the Disney trips I'd never been to French Quarter before. My one bit of feedback was for a place that literally is just churning out beignets all day you'd think they'd be faster. (Kinda like Raising Canes... you only serve Chicken Tenders and Fries...) 

I should note here, at this point C was falling apart. He was over tired and had a cough and just wanted to rest. So we got on a bus to Hollywood Studios and then rode the Skyliner back to Pop Century where we were staying. Our room was ready. 

Now I did in fact pay extra for a preferred room but I was INCREDIBLY happy with our room and it's location. For our one night and what we needed, the room was great. I liked it significantly better than Art of Animation and I would actually consider staying at this resort again. 

We all rested and C was very happy to do so. And then we all went for a swim because why not? We were still in Florida after all and it was going to be cold when we got home. I am glad I got in the water myself even though it was cold to me because the novelty of swimming in February just couldn't be beat. 

Then for the last and final time, we all showered and dressed for dinner. We hopped a bus to the Magic Kingdom. We were there with all the cheerleaders and for the most part it was fine. I would never plan a trip during cheer competitions though. 



Then boarded the monorail for the Polynesian. 


Where we killed a lot of time waiting for our reservation. 


C was cold and tired so I had him lay and try to rest. That really helped. Admittedly they were pumping the air conditioning and even I was getting chilly and regretted not bringing a sweatshirt of my own. 


Then it was our time for Ohana and oh how the Holy Spirit covered me. You have to know that I do not care about fireworks at all. But the Happily Ever After fireworks make me cry. For MONTHS I had been plotting eating at Ohana during the fireworks. 



And my dream to be eating Ohana Noodles while watching the fireworks with the music patched in... absolutely came true. We had a castle view. And I cried. And sang along. And ate noodles. It was everything. The cherry on top of an almost perfect vacation. 



After we went back to Magic Kingdom, got a bus back to Pop and we were all in bed rather quickly. 

It was a much better day than spending it all in the airport. And definitely made leaving the cruise more bearable. 

Day 8 we woke up, packed up, and waited for our bus in the fog. 



Funny enough, the first time we weren't on Disney Cruise Line Transportation is when we got a Disney Cruise Line Themed Bus.


We had an uneventful flight from MCO to CLT. The highlight being MCO let us check our bags all the way through to Moline for free. Then had to walk to the third-world country under construction area of the Charlotte airport. 


And then before you knew it we were home. In all it's gray and dreary glory. 


And that was the trip. It was a success. I am still sad it's over. Life is just more fun when you have a vacation to look forward to isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. What a great vacation!!! I'm just catching up on my blog reading but it looks like you guys had a great time. And yes, life is much more fun when you have a vacation to look forward to!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!