We are in the last days of school, so everything is pretty whirlwindy.
On Saturday, we "pretend camped." If you've been here a while, you know that I do not camp. I don't understand it. And you'll never convince me of it, but I hope you enjoy yourself.
But we had a pile of sticks in our yard that someone had promised to haul away ages ago and I said "Let's just sit outside all day and burn it." So we did. And we made the kids play outside the whole day too.
So from 9:00 am to 6:30 pm the kids played outside while Husband and I had a fire. We even roasted hot dogs and made s'mores so it was like pretend camping.
Now, I went in reading no reviews. And I LOVED it. Like I cried through the whole movie, was incredibly moved, LOVED it.
But I also find the animated movie Stitch kind of annoying.
My friend who loves the animated movie hated it.
I thought it was the first live-action adaptation that really humanized the story. I don't think it was about how indigenous people should give their children to the government. To be clear, I don't think anyone at all can honestly say that Lilo and Nani were in fact living their best lives throughout the movie.
And the trauma of losing their parents is something that really affected them. And the movie let you feel those emotions. Stitch was kind of an afterthought in the movie to me. And that really worked for me.
Monday was C's big day, and it was mostly chill. We brought a meal to his friend who had spinal fusion surgery. She looks so much taller now!! I think it was good for both of their souls to see each other. It made me so happy.
It was a good day.
And now we're in the whirlwind of field days and fun days and I had to wash gym clothes last night because they're in gym uniform all week. But it's all good! Home stretch!




You and I both!! The best part of being outdoorsy for me is taking a shower and putting my fresh jammies on when we come inside! What an act of service your boy did on his special day. Dang, Mom. You are good!
ReplyDelete