So it was Christmas in July, and we went to pick up the kids!
They changed up the parent program, and I liked it! Less bugs. Less anticipation of seeing your kid right there without being able to grab on to them.
We got our kids! It was so nice to see them! M burst into tears when she hugged me for the third year in a row. I get the complicated feelings like that, I did that too back in the day. It's a combination of happy and sad and love.
After we loaded them up and hit the road, they opened some presents. (Not big things!)
And we listened to some Christmas tunes all the way to my parents' house.
We got there late, like 9:00. Both kids showered and were checked for ticks--found none! We started the camp laundry and went to bed early.
Saturday was mostly chill at the house. Until the evening when Husband and I went out for the main event... Hanson! How can I pass up a chance to see them, my well-established favorite, for FREE! They were part of Rib Fest.
We got brisket instead of ribs. And Husband regrets it. He didn't love the BBQ sauce.
We bought M a shirt.
So there was a Heat Advisory. And I was definitely feeling it. About halfway through the concert, I gave up my amazing center standing seat for a seat sitting in the bleachers. I have no regrets.
It wasn't my favorite set list I've heard from them. No "Crazy Beautiful" and I still haven't heard "Against the World" live, which is my current goal. But I enjoyed seeing them and spending time with Husband. A nice end cap to our week by ourselves.
To be fair, the kids were allowed to come with us to Rib Fest/Hanson, and they declined. They were sick of being hot.
Here's a MN thing that made me happy. The porta-potties were Biffs!
Growing up, it was the only porta-potty company I knew. So much so that it because vernacular.
"I'm going to go to the Biffy!" "Someone tipped over the Biff." "Where are the Biffs?" you get the point.
Even now, I have to stop myself from calling all porta-potties that. So it made me happy to see them. And Husband thought I was a nutter for taking a picture.
Yesterday we made Amish Friendship Bread before we left. It's like the chain letter of baked goods. I thought it was gross. But I had been "mushing" the bag for 10 days and so felt obligated to make the bread and take a picture to show my friends.
Then on the drive home, the kids were thrilled to get two different tiny McDonald's toys.
And now we are home! Until our next adventure!














No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!