Tuesday, October 14, 2025

A Day With No Pictures


Everyone loves a day off. I know I sure do. 

There's something so freeing about waking when the sun is actually up instead of in the dark. Just that extra hour makes a world of difference. 

Yesterday I took no pictures at all. But we sure had fun. 

We took C to get his hair cut. Picture retakes are today and I figured if we were doing that anyway, the least we could do is get his hair looking fresh. (It was not his hair that was the problem the first time around but it couldn't hurt.) 

We went to Walgreens for muffin liners. They didn't have any, so we went to the Dollar Tree and they did! 

Then we went home and made our annual Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. My friend Billie Jo posted these on her blog many years ago, and it's still the recipe we use every year. We love them. C declared, "NOW it's fall!" There's one in his lunch box today. And I brought one for a friend. 

It was sunny and warm yesterday. So the kids played outside a lot. And we practiced piano. And spelling words. And our voice lesson work too. 

C went to choir because the districts across the river did not have the day off. 

We ran the dishwasher. And the washing machine. We cleaned up the playroom and even got some of the pantry tidied. (Why do they always leave empty packages in there? Just my house?) 

We had spaghetti for dinner. 

And I took no pictures of any of it. But don't worry. We were making memories anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!