Friday, October 31, 2025

Happy Halloween!

We crammed a few more Halloween things in just in time. 

Last night was the Halloween piano recital. 



Then we headed home to eat dinner quick and carve pumpkins. I genuinely enjoy the smell of pumpkin innards. I mean, not in like a "I want to buy this candle" kind of way. But in an annual tradition kind of way. It smells like a memory. And all the years of my life, where that smell connects to every other time I have carved a pumpkin.






Today was obviously a chance for the kids to wear Halloween costumes or clothes to school. 

And tonight they will once again don their Pirate and Nerds Gummy Cluster costumes for an evening that is totally ours. It will look an awful lot like this: 


M had been invited to go with friends. We had all been invited to go to the next town over. And we (Husband and I) decided that this year, 2025, was a year for us together. We have so very few years of this left after all. Before costumes and walking with your parents isn't even appealing anymore. 

So we are leaning into that. Perhaps it makes me overly sentimental and wistful. But tonight I am going to hang out with my people, celebrating Halloween in the best way we can... together. 

Happy Halloween! 




2 comments:

  1. What a fun Halloween! I am also sentimental and wistful and I wouldn't change a thing! My husband refinishes cabinets but I convinced him to take the day off and do fun Halloween activities with me and our kids. It was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Yep. and Yep. It goes by so dang quickly. But, grown kids love the Halloween fun too! Promise. Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!