School day birthdays, when your mom has to work at night, are not always the most fun.
But we made the best of it. After our McDonald's breakfast, we headed to school. The Mickey Ice Cream bars were placed in the freezer with the Dilly bars we snuck in the night before. (Mickey Bars for our friend with peanut allergies. It's basically the same thing.)
I am told she had a good day at school, and the ice cream was a hit.
When we got home, she had a call with my brother so she could open a present from him. It was a whiteboard! Please know that when I tell you a majority of her wish list was office supplies, I am not lying to you. That's what she wanted!
One of her presents from Mom and Dad was a purple sparkly Bogg Bagg.
We went to 4:30 dinner at Texas Roadhouse. She was adamant she wanted to go there but NOT sit on the saddle. Her wish is our command!
Here she is posing with some of her other presents. An Alaska Bear eye mask. We love this brand, and she wanted an upgrade to the kind with eye cups.
Mechanical pencils that "look like real pencils like Arlo has." (This went with her Expo Markers, Expo Board Cleaner, Flair Pens, and Gel Pens.)
I had to go back to work to teach the second-grade sacrament class, but when I got back we had her cookie cake.
We were so happy to celebrate our 11-year-old! What a gift she is to us!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!