Friday, February 13, 2026

School Valentines and Other Things.

Yesterday, my computer gave me the black screen of death. So I asked for Carlo Acutis' intercession and decided to clean my desk out while I waited. 


All this paper was just wasting space in my desk. Or on my desk. I took it to the recycle bin myself! 


And look how nice and clean my desk looks now! 


Brick House in the City reminded me of this. 


And if not, He is still good. God answers prayers in a lot of different ways. 

At C's voice lesson we were waiting and the sun was beaming in just perfectly. I basked in it. 

As you know, I am indoorsy, and these 5 minutes of sunshine were exactly what I needed for my soul. 

Last night we also finished the classroom valentines. 5th grade is really the last year with a party. So M went out with a bang. 


A whole Banana Themed Goodie Bag: Banana Stress Ball, Banana Baseball Keychain, 2 Banana Vinyl stickers, and 2 Banana Laffy Taffy. With some Savannah Banana fun. 

Also of note: having already secured my Bananaball tickets for this summer as a member of the K Club is delightful! 

C's class is having an ice cream party and we signed up to bring marshmallows and chocolate chips. But then someone asked if they could still pass out valentines too... and the teacher said yes. 

Well actually she said: 


But C was all about it. So we came up with the most Teenager Valentine ever. 

As it happens, the kid loves minty gum himself, so this is a great indicator of his own interests while also getting the stinky teenager smell under control. 

Truly. I know the middle school teachers, and they often pass out Lifesaver Mints to the class when people are particularly stinky to have the room smell of mint instead. Genius. 

I had to tell C to shower this week because he stunk. And he didn't believe me but after a short argument took one anyway. Then later told me another boy in his class did smell. And he was thankful that he wasn't stinky. Hey, at least we try. I bet the other boy yelled at his mom that he was fine, too. 

Tomorrow's plans really derailed. We have 2 different funerals to go to. One is for a very sweet old man who died at 91. C is altar serving and I am live-streaming. M is coming along for the ride. 

Husband is working a funeral too, for our former Mayor. He is having a big reception at Husband's museum because he was on the board. It will be a long morning and afternoon for all of us. But hopefully we can find something fun to do in the evening. 

Have a fabulous Valentine's Day! 

3 comments:

  1. Your Valentines are always superb. This was the first year I didn't need to get Valentines for a kid or classroom- I bought a box of Valentines gummies on autopilot and have no use for them. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the queen of Valentines! And, yes. The joys of middle school. I spent many hours soaking white polo uniform shirts to remove underarm stains. Happy Valentine's Day, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, classroom valentines have come a long way since our boys were in grade school. Those are pretty awesome. (How did you get the personalized packaging for the gum?! Etsy?)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!