Monday, May 4, 2026

Kick Off To May

I did not deliver any May baskets this year. 

But Husband and I did play hooky together on Friday morning, and we went to see The Devil Wears Prada 2. We both really enjoyed it. It was a delightful sequel. Great nods to the first movie, but a plot that seemed relevant as well. I especially loved the Cerulean sweater vest in the last scene. 

That evening was the school's 100 Year Gala. 

I took exactly one picture the whole night.



I didn't make Husband go with me, and I am glad. I did enjoy the silent auction, and I walked away with C's class's legacy gift. 


A charcuterie board where every kid in the class wrote one word of the prayer. It's laser-engraved into the board, and I just love it. I can't wait to have a charcuterie night.

(Though I admit, it definitely bothers me that it says "for these thy gifts" instead of "and these thy gifts.") 

Saturday, we took it easy until I went to work for the first of 3 First Communions. 


We went to dinner after, and they brought me a frozen strawberry margarita, and I am 100% sure it had no tequila in it. Whomp Whomp. 


Sunday brought 2 more First Communions. 



And then we went as a family to see Fiddler on the Roof.



I love Fiddler on the Roof, but this was a solid and lovely production. 

And that is the barebones retelling of my weekend. Happy Monday! 

1 comment:

  1. I think I learned the prayer with "for"- both versions seem to be out there. ( I'm a lot older than you, so maybe the "for" came in the 70s- lots of strange adaptations going on in the Church then.). Regardless, a lovely win!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!