Friday, May 15, 2026

This Week of Stuff

Look at me trying to beat the May crazy by blogging twice in a week. What?!

I am glad to say this week was very normal, and I have little to show for it. Which makes for dull blogging but minimal drama. 

This made me laugh this week: 


Tuesday afternoon, the kids auditioned for their summer show SpongeBob Musical Youth Edition. Let me sound old when I say back in my day (like my high school years), I enjoyed SpongeBob when it first came out. **cough, I am old** I then matured and recognized the show is dumb. 

We have never really watched it with our kids. 



And the musical is actually so cute with great music. Go figure. 

Anyway, I made them both audition for the role of SpongeBob. I do not anticipate either one of them will be cast as SpongeBob. 

Though I did make C wear a yellow Savannah Banana shirt and khaki shorts to subliminally give SpongeBob energy. He would have the better chance of the two kids. Simply for being a boy, though gender doesn't matter for this show so much, and also because he is one of the oldest kids in the show, since it's for going into grades 3-8.

I made them audition for SpongeBob, though, so that they would be seen as capable and confident. Here's hoping the cast list reflects that. 

After the auditions, I drove out to a nearby county park for a fine young man's Eagle Scout Court of Honor. 



I am so proud of all of Declan's hard work. What an honor to know him. I think Eagle Scouts are the best men. All of my high school guy friends were Eagle Scouts, so I have been to many a court of honor. This one made me cry just like all the others did. 

Wednesday night Husband and I went to a free library class to make Capybara String Art. 




M discovered the purple lemonade at Starbucks. 


And I had a gift card, so I took her to get one. It's a 10/10 would recommend from her. I had one too and thought it was awfully sweet, but the peach/mango popping pearls were good. I like that it can be ordered caffeine-free. As I don't think I have ever blogged about this, but I have been nearly caffeine-free since January 11, 2025. (Just 4 caffeinated drinks since then. I don't count any amounts that occur in chocolate.)

Yesterday we watched Survivor. We are a day behind, but we will have to watch live next week. 


This girl and I don't know at all who to root for at this point. We don't really like anyone left! So I guess Joe or Aubry! 

And that's what I know. Happy Friday, everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, sweet lady! May is crazy, right?? Loved seeing what you are up to these days. Christopher, Peyton's husband was an Eagle Scout. What a wonderful accomplishment for your friend. We are back and having the post Disney blues. I thought of you so many times while we were there! It was so fun, and I am happy to say, I kept up with the young people! Have a great weekend, and keep us up to date on the play!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!