I have dropped off the earth as far as blogging has been concerned. I'm still here and alive with no news to share other than I am off enjoying my August.
I know I've said it before but I love August. The. Best.
Today C and I went to the zoo. It was great because we got there right exactly as they opened and hit the outdoor trail and it was basically just us. It was almost like our own private zoo for a minute. There were only two other units of people. And one mom sped way up, one toddler pitched a fit so they slowed way down and we were evenly spaced one family per exhibit.
In all that splendor of peace and quiet in the humid-but-not-so-much-you-want-to-die-yet outdoors I grabbed my phone and got this. It doesn't really begin to truly capture the moment of alone time we shared or the zoo trip as a whole but we had a really great time. He is such a good kid.
In all that splendor of peace and quiet in the humid-but-not-so-much-you-want-to-die-yet outdoors I grabbed my phone and got this. It doesn't really begin to truly capture the moment of alone time we shared or the zoo trip as a whole but we had a really great time. He is such a good kid.
I'm going to go back to enjoying my August and you have a wonderful day!
I love it when the zoo is empty :) Have a great time.
ReplyDeleteOh that is wonderful, love those moments, soak 'em in!
ReplyDeletePerfect! Sounds like you are in a great happy place. :-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun - September is my favorite. I love it as the weather starts to cool, but I don't need a coat yet. The lions seems to be much more vocal when the weather cools.
ReplyDeleteAlone at the zoo?! Sounds like a dream! Enjoy your last day of August. :)
ReplyDelete