We had a playdate today.
It is 40 degrees, sunny, the snow is turning into puddles. And we had a playdate.
After a bowl of cheerios for each of us we got dressed and read some books. Then we watched a Peppa Pig because, that's what we do sometimes. It's possible I straightened my hair in there too. After we threw some juice, a bag of fruit snacks and some diapers into my purse we set out.
C was very excited. And we got into Bess for our first outing in her. C was kind of perplexed by his new seating arrangement but he was contented quickly and we drove across town to our friend's house.
We had a great morning playing cars, trucks, balls, bubble mixture, tools and kitchen with our friends Owen, Mason, Olivia and Baby Caitlin. C especially enjoyed Mable the dog and the toy food. It's interesting, we have a whole bunch of soft food but he doesn't seem to like it as much as his friends wooden and plastic food. Oh well, I am not buying a different set!
We came home to a grand lunch of PB&J and peaches and now it is rest time.
Later we will make some chicken soup and Kathryn is coming over. I made a chicken last night for dinner with carrots, sweet potatoes and rice. I made chicken stock for tonight's soup. Then later this week we are going to have chicken tacos and chicken and stuffing. 4 meals from scratch out of one chicken. Obviously it's easier for us with 2 people and a toddler to make a chicken stretch that far.
![]() |
| Look at all that melting!! |
For a Monday... it's a pretty darn good day!
Though let me for a second express my sadness in the news of Hilary Duff's separation. She says it's because they "drifted apart." And I get that I really really do. She was married the exact same day as Husband and I. And their Luca is just 2 months older than C. So I understand how their marriage and relationship has changed in the past few years. I get it.
But for goodness sake, splitting because you've grown apart is NOT what God intended and is the reason people don't regard Marriage as the Holy Sacrament it is. So you're currently drifted away from each other... give it some time to drift back! Marriage is all about ebbs and flows. I'm still hoping they'll figure it out and be a strong marriage example for their son, their fans (he's a hockey player) and society in general.

Sounds like a wonderful day! I hope your week continues just as nicely!
ReplyDelete