1. That One Soccer Game
Apparently the World Cup is still going on. The thing about not having cable is that I didn't see any single second of any of the World Cup games. Well... it's possible I subconsciously did a few weeks ago when we were at a bar killing time before a wedding reception started but pretty much that shouldn't count.
And I just finished reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire during my "Read the whole series in July: 2014." That's the one with the Quidditch World Cup. Kind of fitting maybe. Apparently the Vatican is not condoning the "two popes World Cup" thing. And you know I was really into it when you put it that way because... it's still a soccer game. Yeah. Whatever.
2. The Non-Polar Vortex Returning
Hey-O! It's not actually the Polar Vortex it's residual weather from some tropical storm. But I'll admit it. I am kind of excited that it's going to be chilly this next week. So anyone who's disappointed in the weather can go ahead and blame me, but I'll be the preggo who is not suffering for a full week in July. Any respite from being hot is good by me. I am fully aware most people who are pregnant in July are saints. Clearly this wasn't meant to be one of my sufferings. (Which all but guarantees a sweltering August.)
3. Mowing the Yard
My next door neighbors are polar opposites. On one side we have Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch and he is OBSESSED with mowing. Just obsessed with mowing. There was a point when his yard looked like this:
And he mowed. But this guy also power washes his sidewalk weekly and washes his truck multiple times per week. I am pretty sure he just needs a hobby. An indoor one preferably because he is ALWAYS in the yard looking at us. But whatever.
The other side... well they mow when they feel like it. Last summer it was literally once a month. And their grass was knee deep before they'd mow every time. (Yes, they were ticketed.) They are doing a better job this year with an every 2-3 week yard clean up.
It's nice to be in the middle. We're never as bad as one side so even if we let the lawn grow a little longer than I'd like because of rain/unforeseen circumstances it never matters as much. We always look good by comparison without looking like total nutters like Marky Mark.
4. All These States Are Legalizing The Mary Jane
I sure do not need search engines finding me because of that word. Here's the thing... I understand that it helps with taxes or something. I don't know. What I do know is that I disagree with legalization. Because it stinks. And if it was legal I feel like I would smell it more often.
5. Toddlers Are Funny
All these opinions and big feelings. And there is no reasoning with them. If today they like Elmo they will not like Elmo tomorrow.
6. Baby Names
Nothing stirs the pot quite as much as baby names. People LOVE to give you opinions before a birth but usually keep their mouths shut when a smushy infant is looking at them. Have you seen this list floating around? Clearly Colleen is a trend setter already.
The one hope here is that since the list is based on searches and not actual "what kids were named" data that people changed their minds about naming future generations: Khaleesi or Django.
Here's a hint: Neither our girl first name or boy first name are on this list. But both middle name choices are.
7. Have A Good Weekend
That's it. Have a good one. Stop over at Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes.



When the US finally lost, I overheard a guy at the pool say, "Well, the US just lost." And the guy he was telling said, "Good. Can we all pretend to quit caring now?"
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA! I loved that !
:) I think a lot of people felt that way!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteAbsolutely loving #2! Bring on the colder weather! I am serious. This very pregnant mom is grateful and downright giddy that the weather has not been so bad and it looks like next week will be great as well. So, yes, I join you in your enthusiasm! :)
ReplyDeleteMowing is so hard for us to fit in, it generally goes about two weeks , especially with a rain storm every free minute. I've had to do it the last couple times and while the 9 y/o was supposed to be watching cartoons with the 2 y/o , the toddler in question has taken opportunities to cover herself with marker and fall off a stool.
ReplyDeleteThere's been more than once I've been glad our side of the river doesn't ticket, but I have yet to get edging and mowing accomplished in the same day.