Friday, September 26, 2014

7 Quick Takes of Baby Pool

Hello World. If you missed it yesterday, Baby Girl flipped back around to head down so we are officially back in the waiting game and not the scheduled birthday game.

Which means Baby Pool time!!

This baby is crackin' me up
1. Here's the skinny: I am "due" October 12. Which if you are like me and in denial about how far into September we are, still seems really far away but in reality translates to 16 days away. Which also basically means Baby Girl could show up whenever she darn well wants. Be that now or later.

2. C was born at 40 weeks 6 days. He was 9 pounds 6 ounces and 21 inches long. This is the only time in his entire life he ever measured "big." It took him 3.5 weeks to get back to birth weight and has never been anywhere but the 50th percentile in height and weight since.

3. Everything about this pregnancy has been different except for the fact that I am pregnant of course.

4. At 36 weeks 3 days the ultrasound guessed she was about 6 pounds. But there is a pound of error either way and she clearly has room to switch around from head down, to breech, back to head down.

5. In a world of Murphy's Law:

  • Husband has a very important work event on October 13 and 14. He would of course miss it if necessary but... yeah. 
  • Our doula is going to Greece for 2 weeks and leaves on October 15. She has her backup doula ready as well. We are her only October birth and it's mostly because we are good friends or she wouldn't have committed otherwise. (Because of her trip.) 
  • My dad is going to my cousin's wedding reception in South Carolina October 16-18. 
If you're noticing a trend... we're hoping for early this time around. :) 

6. I am not above an inducement if necessary. But the earliest my doctors (I see a group) would allow that is 41 weeks 1 day. (October 20)

7. Leave your guesses in the comments. I will go with dates first and size as a tie breaker if needed. I am going to have a prize! I don't know what it will be yet, but it will be wonderful, not in anyway related to baby stuff and well, then you can say you won a prize. 

So there you have it. Guess away! 

5 comments:

  1. When we give birth is out of our control, and who doesn't like control.

    This why we end up fibbing with due dates, so when you are past due and people call have you had the baby yet???

    At the end of my pregnancy I get this time distortion thing going on. Five minutes feels like 20. I even cover the clock in the labor & delivery room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm…you know, I just looked at the calendar to see which Saint feast days are around your due date and I have to say St. Teresa of Avila's is jumping out at me. So, I am going to go with 10/15 and birthweight 8 lbs 5 oz. I know, I know, I shouldn't pick a day after your due date because we are friends and that seems like a not so nice thing to do…but that is my guess. Prayers for you and baby girl during these last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. October 17th - 8 pounds, 10 ounces!

    But I hope for your sake she comes on October 10th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Baby girl flipped! I missed that one. So glad to hear it.
    Now, on to baby pool....October 9 (my parents' anniversary and my FIL's bday), 8 lbs 7 oz.
    I'll be eagerly awaiting the new baby pics, hopefully sooner rather than later. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!