Like all parents of newborns I find myself in extreme disbelief that two weeks has already passed. Seriously we were just in the hospital!
We are doing pretty well though. Meredith has no sense of a schedule formed yet, so I am still available to cater to her every whim. Which usually involves eating. As of this morning she is back to birth weight plus two ounces. According to the nurse her head grew a centimeter and she shrunk about half an inch too. At least the margin of error on a scale is slim.
Because of her good weight gain we officially have permission to let her sleep at night as long as six hours before we have to wake her. Not that I actually think we'll make it that far, The longest stretch between feedings so far was just almost five hours but the sleep I got was great that day. I look forward to seeing how long she'll sleep if I don't have to wake her up. Usually at night I am waking her up every three to four hours. (The almost five hour stretch was, perhaps, a mom hitting the snooze button in a sleepy haze of confusion.)
![]() |
| Election coverage wasn't nearly as thrilling for M. |
Her umbilical cord stump fell off so she was able to have her first real bath. It went surprisingly well. C always liked the bath but M doesn't like diaper changes, wardrobe changes or her sponge baths so I was shocked that she didn't cry or fuss during the real bath.
![]() |
| My babies are definitely siblings! |
C is doing a great job as a big brother. There are weak moments every day of course and 4:30-6:30 are even more witching hours than usual but we are survivors. He does like her and we are working on using her name instead of calling her "Baby Sis-Sis." He is usually pretty darn good with her though and has been helpful at bringing things to me. (The boppy/remotes/my phone/wipes etc.)
As far as I'm concerned I have sleepier days and more alert days. I am sleepy today but that is my fault for staying up late to watch election results. We are staying on top of the laundry and keeping the house cleanish. And I have thank you notes to write but I think I will be able to whip a lot of those out today!
And that's what's going on in our neck of the woods.


Two weeks already???? Time really does fly! Glad things are going well. She certainly is a little cutie!
ReplyDeleteShe is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am dying over here!
ReplyDeleteSo precious!!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your baby days...
And yes. They go by so much faster after the baby is born, don't they?
No fair. : )