Monday, January 19, 2015

I Had A Dream

Yeah. I went there. Happy MLK Jr Day!Whether it's a day off or just a regular Monday with no mail or garbage collection I hope it's a good one for you. 

But seriously, I had a dream. Well really it was more like a bucket list thing. I am not one with a giant bucket list but I do have a few things on it. Kind of the things most people have on their bucket list or even in the back of the mind as a "like to do." Travel and experiences mostly. 

But one that has been on there for seriously ever is Cher in concert. 


Yeah. I know. I can't really explain it. But there it is. Top of my bucket list. When she was just in residence in Vegas we debated going one weekend but ultimately decided not to. 

Now to better understand this next part of the story, you need to know that we live in legitimate flyover zone. We do have an arena but no one ever really comes here. If you want to see A-list bands and concert tours you need to drive to Des Moines, Chicago or Minneapolis. 

Except Cher announced her D2K (Dressed to Kill) concert tour with special guest Cyndi Lauper and THEY WERE COMING HERE! 

Only the date was October 22. And I ultimately decided not to buy tickets because M's due date was October 12 and I thought there was no way I'd be able to go. Which turned out to be a good decision because my 10 days late baby showed up on October 22. 

Only Cher got sick and delayed her tour. She rescheduled to January! Well, I could do that. So I asked for tickets for Christmas. And my wonderful supportive mother, who I am certain thinks that wanting to see Cher is weird got me tickets for Christmas. For tonight. 



Only Cher's doctor decided that she needed more time to heal and she canceled the remainder of the tour. 

So tonight I will not be celebrating MLK day with Cher, probably a lot of gay men and Cyndi Lauper. I'll just be hanging out at home hanging onto my tickets. Which I am totally keeping because if something were to happen to Cher before I get a chance to see her, I can feel better knowing I was going to. Not really crossing it off the bucket list but it wouldn't be a glaring incomplete either. 

If I could turn back time... I don't know how that would help exactly but that's okay. 

I will get my chance to see the feathers and the glamour and the whole thing. Just not tonight I won't. 

1 comment:

  1. Boo! That stinks! And I only think your love of Cher is a teeny tiny bit weird!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!