2015 has begun. After 9 nights and 10 days away from home we triumphantly returned to our humble abode yesterday. Husband is back to work today but it's Friday so that is a good ease into into real life I think.
We had a lovely Christmas where we were blessed by the generosity of family. Husband and I spent some time after bedtime sorting older toys to the basement to make room for the new toys. We of course are still in that stage of coming home where random things live on counters and things don't feel settled yet but we'll get there.
The New Year rang in with the cops knocking on the door because we were too loud, But not really because we played Scrabble and Cards Against Humanity and had some snacks. It was certainly fun but about as low key as it gets. We did all cheers with sparkling cider so you know, it was a real party.
I haven't yet figured out any specific resolutions but I have decided the word of the year is going to be "Self." It sounds very Oprah but I am hoping to make a better self this year. By stretching my boundaries in some ways, limiting myself in others. I have some ideas but I am kind of taking the year one step at a time in a non-AA kind of way.
I will post more soon but I have a baby to snuggle, a toddler to engage and I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of a week's worth of mail!
I'm playing "Catch Up" with you and your blog ~ CONGRATULATIONS on M!!! Oh, she is a cutie!!!
ReplyDeleteI read her birth story (wow!) and enjoyed the walrus / polar bear Halloween costumes (so cute!!) and have had a few laughs / smiles at C and his antics. :-)
So glad you are all happy and healthy and little Miss M is as amazing as she is ~
Happy New Year!! And Hooray for being home!! :-)
Your New Year's Eve celebration sounds eerily familiar...but you know what, I'd rather do that than go out to a big, crazy party any day. Your family night sounds so sweet and cozy.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great 2015! (I'm going to spend the beginning of it trying to catch up on all the blogs I didn't have time to read the second half of 2014.)