Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A+ Wifeing

Do you ever just have one of those days that goes impeccably well? Because I am having one of those.

I woke up this morning and I did not bite the heads off of my husband and children. *Honesty people, the morning is my weakest time and it can get ugly. I'm not proud.* But again, I was almost perky.

We left the house for our appointment and the construction did not even phase me. I didn't blink. I am not sure why they waited until after school started and the last week of August to start these projects that crazily limit my journey away from my house, but no worries because it's going to be great.

We had a good appointment. I can't really take any of the credit for this because it was all C, but still, it makes a mom proud.

I ordered M's winter coat today. And a few other things that we need for the house. So I felt accomplished.

I got dinner started in the crock pot. We are having roast. With potatoes. I'm going to steam up some broccoli too, but that is the last thing, no need to start that now. Then I got all excited and made dough for rolls. After the 2 rises, they're in the oven as I type. Fresh rolls... awesome. And I thought to myself "Self, this is a pretty good dinner. We should have dessert."

So I made cookies. And they're done and wrapped on a plate for when we finish our roast, potatoes, broccoli and rolls. To keep it real though, some butter dripped onto the bottom of the oven and started smoking a little.

Then M's chair arrived so I put it together. I folded a load of laundry and put it away.

And... okay that's pretty much it but still. It feels like a pretty A+ Wifeing kind of day. Some days have to be good to make up for the not so great ones. The ones where you call your husband at work and tell him that he should walk in the door with food because there ain't no way you're going to be able to get a meal going because you're losing your mind. *Ahem, last Friday.*

2 comments:

  1. You put something together???? You do get an A+ for that for sure! I always leave that sort of stuff for the husband. Congrats on a day well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day!! That's a true A+ day and to be celebrated. You rocked it! I hope your family enjoyed the wonderful meal and cookies. Here's to more totally awesome wife days ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!