- I should really scrub my cabinets more frequently than "whenever I am trying to impress people by the cleanliness of my house/people who have never been to my house."
- I should really just repaint all these doors and use good scrub-able paint.
- White kitchens are pretty but wow do they show dirt.
Prepping for this shower has been eye opening to how we live. Our house is pretty old. (Built in 1920) Our house is not huge. And so we do not live in a way where I can clean leading up to the event and hope it stays clean. Oh sure, I can dust, and I have. But the bulk of the cleaning prep is going to happen tonight after bedtime because seriously, that whole saying about cleaning with children around is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos? True story.
Today has been gloomy gloomy outside. It might rain later, but regardless it's the kind of day most people would just want to snuggle under a blanket with a book or a movie. Maybe a nap. Heck... I'd love to join in. But this house is not going to clean itself.
Today has been gloomy gloomy outside. It might rain later, but regardless it's the kind of day most people would just want to snuggle under a blanket with a book or a movie. Maybe a nap. Heck... I'd love to join in. But this house is not going to clean itself.
It's going to be a small shower. But that's okay. It should be fun.
We are playing Name That Tune: Famous First Dance Songs and Match the Famous Couple.
We are serving pulled-pork sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, cole slaw, veggies, fruit, German chocolate cake, mini apple pies, strawberry lemonade punch and water.
Now if only I could get the house clean! Back to it.
We are playing Name That Tune: Famous First Dance Songs and Match the Famous Couple.
We are serving pulled-pork sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, cole slaw, veggies, fruit, German chocolate cake, mini apple pies, strawberry lemonade punch and water.
Now if only I could get the house clean! Back to it.
I have learned to accept that my house will NEVER be clean! I hope you have a great shower!
ReplyDeleteI should also clean my house more often than when people are coming... But the book (or whatever else) always sounds better!
ReplyDelete