Monday, April 18, 2016

Happy Monday: A Photo Dump

A week ago it was practically winter. The sky spit out some snowflakes. It was cold. And then Mother Nature remembered it was in fact April and in a week's time went from Winter to Spring straight into Summer.

It's glorious.

We celebrated National Grilled Cheese Day, because apparently that's a thing. And so we had grilled cheese. As it happens, C likes "Cheesy Walrus Sandwiches" over "Grilled Cheese" so there you go. 


Wednesday was our second soccer day. It was still "Spring-y" that morning so he wore his under armour but it warmed up later that afternoon! C has been doing so well with soccer, I am very impressed. He is excited to go and he is a very good listener. M is a bit more of a struggle. She truly believes she is three and has no interest in sitting on the side lines. Poor kid! And truthfully, she is very good. I didn't know 17-month-olds could kick soccer balls so well! 


M and I took a girls only Target trip and I cried and died a little when I saw this in the book section. They made a graphic novel of The Baby-Sitters Club. As the Edward D. Neill Elementary #1 fan of the BSC I was horrified. The books aren't even hard to read! 

It was otherwise the most stellar Target trip ever. The regional people were in town going through the store and talking about upcoming changes and maybe even reviewing the store, I'm not sure. As such the store brought their A-game. Like, 6 people asked me how my day was and if I needed any help. And they had SO many lanes open. It was dream Target. Plus M was super cute and talking about everything so it was really awesome. 


After three sessions in a row, we had our final art class on Friday. I really liked this class and I am sad it's over. We took the first two sessions with friends but the last one by ourselves. C really got good at doing the crafts by himself and we really loved to have an fun outing once a week. M will probably be ready to take the class in the fall, which she will LOVE. 

There was always a play-doh table and sensory table which were among the favorites each week. C made this polar bear on Friday. I loved it. I was so proud of his creativity. Usually he just used the play-doh tools to make noodles, or whatever shape the cookie cutter was etc. 

Summer hit this weekend as it was in the 80s! Our grass needed mowing and so everyone chipped in. 


No one wanted to be left out of the fun! We really do love our little old fashioned reel-mower. It's so handy that it doesn't throw rocks and stops cutting if you stop walking. But I think we are going to need to upgrade to an actual mower this year. The weirdly warm and wet winter left our yard a lot less flat than the past two years. But to flatten a yard is time consuming and costly.

We broke out the water table today. Well, we moved it from inside to outside and added water. The kids were happy! 


So that's what we've been up to lately. Lots of time in the yard and lots of fun. We are officially into the kids need a bath and at least two outfits every day time of the year. I love it. I hope the shorts I ordered for C come fast! We are going to need them! 

Have a great start to your week. 

3 comments:

  1. I remember those days!!!!!
    Outside in the morning, inside in the heat of the afternoon,
    Back outside in the evenings,
    In for baths and fresh jammies before bed.
    Sigh....
    Enjoy your sweet babes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your wonderful weather is here to stay!! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your sunny monster! He is awesome! wonderful creativity

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!