And she threw a fit. Like an honest to goodness fit. Oh I am in for it friends. She is such a spunky little girl, but oh so sweet too.
I put Jamberry nail wraps on her toes Friday. I had thought about doing them for a while but I wasn't quite sure how they'd go. She actually sat for me really well and let me. She even said "Thank you mom." after every single toe. Oh my heart. I am starting to really appreciate and get into the fun girly things. Like pink toesies!
In honesty, I didn't prep the nails at all like you're supposed to, I just did a heat and stick then a little filing. I didn't intend for them to last long. (And they didn't, she's already missing 3 or 4 but her big toes have survived and she's very proud of them!) I just wanted them to look cute through the pool party for her friend Brynn's first birthday which was Saturday. It was M's first birthday party as a guest for someone her size. It was a very fun party!
M and Brynn in the pool. They had a pool, a sprinkler, slip and slide and two water tables. So many awesome water activities and everyone got to take home a cool water shooter!
C and M eating cupcakes with Mason, who is one of C's best friends and Brynn's older brother. M was really into her cupcake. After every bite she would exclaim that it was "Tasty!"
The kids had SO much fun that after rest time we put on swim suits again and played in the sprinkler at our house. As it happens, last year C got this Mickey sprinkler ball for his birthday as a gift from Mason. They clearly got one for their house and it was out at the birthday party. C felt that we should break ours out so we did!
Do you see that our next door neighbor moved Mater in? It's very exciting for our resident 4-year-old and less exciting for me. Our neighbor's son finished his army career and moved back in with his dad. He brought with him an extremely loud motorcycle, Mater and a giant red pickup truck. I hope that he moves on quickly but I doubt it. Until then, at least C thinks Mater is cool.
Yesterday we all roasted marshmallows over the grill after dinner. It was so fun to enjoy being outside, eating gooey messy s'mores and sugaring my kids up. Then watching them run around and slide all sticky and dirty to burn off the sugar high. Those are summer moments to cherish.





What a fun party! And our neighbor has a dirt bike which he rides ALL. THE. TIME. It is so loud and annoying so I can feel your pain. At least there's a chance that your neighbor will move soon. Ours is only 13 so he's not going anywhere any time soon! :)
ReplyDeleteOh!!! I love your life!!!!
ReplyDelete