M started her art class last Friday. It's the same class that C took all of last year practically. She is very proud of herself for being big enough to actually take the class. She loved it. It's super low key and that is how I like it. It gives us something to do without little stress.
We also went to the drop-in music class at our little family museum. Again, it used to be something I did with C. This is even more low key than art because you don't even sign up so we can go or not go as we like. But we will almost certainly go more often than not.
I am not one of those moms that subscribes to the "get dressed and feel better about your day" philosophy. I am a "if I am comfy I automatically feel better and if there's no bra required all the better" kind of gal. So if I have to get up, dressed and out the door four mornings a week you better believe that we are going to do something while we are out! So art class, music class and errands it is!
Yesterday, M and I went to the post office, then the park, then I swung through the drive-through to get her a "dough-it" from my pals at Dunkin' Donuts. It was kind of the perfect morning and somehow turned into the perfect day too. So... go us I guess. That's always nice.
I know I have written before about how much C just loathes writing. He had his first "homework" over the weekend. He had to cut out pictures of things that started with the letter A, write the letter a both upper and lowercase and that was it. The cutting went well but it was pulling teeth to get him to write the letters. I don't know who was more frustrated honestly. Yet today, we got a jump start on letter B before this weekend's letter book work and it was relatively pain free with fairly decent uppercase Bs.
So hopefully this weekend won't be an epic battle of wills to write the letters. Or maybe it will be just as bad, but here is the photographic proof that he can, in fact, do it.
That's about all the stuff going on in our world. Not much it seems. But that's okay. Have a great Wednesday!



Preschool homework???? Yikes!!!
ReplyDeletePreschool homework???? Yikes!!!
ReplyDelete