Friday, January 20, 2017

What's Going On With Us: In 7QT

one. We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel of sickness. M is finally starting to eat food again which makes me very happy. Both kids are on eye drops for a few more days but it has become slightly less complicated. All good things. Here's to hoping!!

two. So I am currently obsessed with the "Here Comes the Lion Guard" song. It is SO catchy and has a really good beat to dance around the house to/walk to. Plus it's kid appropriate because... Disney Channel. I really thought it was the theme song to The Lion Guard but it isn't. Anyway, I love it. And have been listening to it a lot.



three. I, not so secretly, love all TV Theme songs. It's kind of my thing. Well now all the shows are trying to get 30 more seconds of plot and just do title screens. But the shows on Disney Junior? Not only do they have theme songs but they are super duper awesome. My favorite is Goldie and Bear. Every time I sing it though, M goes "Shh, Ky-it." It's hilarious to hear her say "ky-it" but without fail, the Goldie and Bear song with get her to say it.


four. I don't know if you heard, but we got ourselves a new President today. I am a sucker for ceremony so I did watch most of it, except ironically the actual swearing in because that is when preschool pickup was. C loves the Presidents. (He was Abraham Lincoln for Halloween after all.) So he was super excited! "Carter! Clinton! Bush! Oba-na!" It's not political for him, it's just respect for the office and admiration. He wants to get a new President place mat with Trump on it, so hopefully those are being rolled out.


five. So I set a goal for 2017 to read 24 books which I had previously determined was kind of a lame goal. Well now I know it's a lame goal because I finished my seventh book yesterday. So far I haven't read anything that has been GREAT or life changing. But I did read one really terrible book already. It was so bad I wouldn't have finished it but I did because it was for one of my book clubs. We aren't discussing it until July but don't worry the awfulness with stick with me and I will not be rereading it before then. 

I DO NOT recommend this book! 

six. Our weekend plans aren't super exciting at all, in the morning I am going to Spruce up the School which is when all the parents come and clean the school. Woah boy, probably need to rein in the fun! I may go see a movie too, I really want to see Hidden Figures and Moana so maybe I will do that. 

seven. It is going to be spring like here this weekend. I know that means we are destined to get walloped but I am just going to embrace it and love it while I can. I am just not in the winter spirit this season and I just don't care. 


2 comments:

  1. Yay for reading!
    Because you have SOO MUCH FREE TIME!
    I hate awful books that look promising.
    I have no patience for that.
    Sort of a book snob I am. : )
    Prayers that the sickies are over, and you can go wild with the fresh air and Lysol.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the warning about the book! I won't be reading it. (Billie Jo, I am a book snob, too, I think!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!