Weed whacking. That is one of those dreaded tasks in our household. Husband really really doesn't like to do it. And I really really like how our yard looks with the edges neat and not have tall grass around our tree and fence. So every year I nag. And every year he puts it off until he gets sick of my nagging. So I did some probing, and part of the reluctance is that our weed whacker takes a gas/oil mix and our new lawn mower is gas only and we only have one gas can. Plus the weed whacker is really heavy.
This was a problem I could solve. So yesterday after drop off M and I went to Home Depot and I bought myself a new toy.
It weighs 3 pounds and I can use it! In a "girls can do anything" kind of moment, I put it together all by myself, got the battery charged and went out and took care of business. The Rosie the Riveter mindset stuck with me all day and I was killin' it. Laundry got done. Kitchen was clean. Yard looked good. Kids played outside the bulk of the day. It was pretty awesome.
But, like always the pendulum swung back hard today. Where everything went right yesterday, things were just a little off today. Nothing major happened but it just was a let down from the awesomeness of yesterday. Yet, here we are, fed, clothed and healthy (sans a little seasonal allergy) so life is still pretty good. I put pigtails in M's hair today for the first time ever. This picture was from pre-nap and they did look better post nap when she sat a little more still.
We are in that wonderful time of year where the morning requires a light jacket (ha! Miss Congeniality again!) but by lunch time it's awesome. So pretty much exactly like the meme.
However your days have been so far this week, good or bad, I hope you are able to find the goodness in them. Perspective is always helpful.




Perspective is life.
ReplyDeleteAnd pigtails on babes.
They are life too. : )
I love the Miss Congeniality pic you shared above ... one of my favorites!! I need to watch the movie again ... I loved it!!
ReplyDeleteI also LOVE a clean, neat, trimmed lawn! You go, girl, in buying (and using) an awesome trimmer! :-D