Saturday, August 26, 2017

The First Day of School and more.

I had a post up yesterday but I took it down. It was rash of me to post it. So here is the updated, more well thought out version.

I had kind of been dreading it, the first day of school. It's all on me, but I was having some regret that we weren't going to kindergarten.

But the first day came anyway and C was so excited. He was happy.


It's a weird change going to school in the afternoon but slowly we'll adjust. Luckily I had the foresight to start eating lunch at 11:00 a few weeks ago so that part wasn't an adjustment at least. I have set some alarms on my phone for enough time to go pick him up every day. Just until it gets to be a normal part of my routine.

Dropping him off in his classroom was good. He told me that he would miss me. Then I asked him if I could give him a kiss or if that was too embarrassing. "No mom, I want a kiss. That's not embarrassing." Yep, I melted into a puddle of goo right then.

It sounds like he had a fun day. One of his favorite friends from preschool is in his class and he made a new friend Elliot. So all in all I am feeling much better about the whole thing. Especially in light of what else our family is going through.

Our niece Ann was born still last night. It seems so unreal to type that. But it's the truth. A horrible miserable truth.

Here I was Thursday pitying myself that my wonderful kid wasn't going to be in kindergarten and in fact I get a whole extra year of him to myself mostly. And my SIL was finding out that her baby didn't have a heartbeat. Perspective that takes my breath away.

This world is a crazy place, full of ups and downs. My boy had a wonderful first day of school. And for that I am thankful. We all need more joy to counteract the sorrows.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your niece; prayers for all your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he had a great day! I will be praying for your family. So very sad....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!