Friday, September 1, 2017

Friday. I love Fridays.

Hello Lovelies!

So yesterday was my birthday. My golden birthday. And now I am 31. So that's pretty exciting to me. Honestly.

It was not a particularly good birthday however because it was also Ann's funeral. Yeah, not in anyone's top 10 list of how to spend a birthday that's for sure. But, there it was. It was actually surprising how many of Husband's relatives remembered that it was my birthday, which was very sweet.

The funeral itself was well attended and healing. Well I gather that it was for those able to attend anyhow. It was a 1:00 funeral which is a wonderful time a day for farmers. (The bulk of people in attendance.) It was not a great time of day for M. Since it is her nap time. And she didn't fall asleep the night before until at least 10:00. And it literally doesn't matter what time she goes to bed, she wakes up at 6:00.

So I spent the bulk of the funeral in a room with a couch with a SCREAMING SOBBING two-year-old. It's not her fault. It's no one's fault obviously. But I do feel a little cheated out of the time to mourn. I didn't really get a chance to be sad yesterday and that frankly kind of sucks.

But we are home again. And we are going to heal. C my sensitive boy, did not take the news of his newest cousin well. And he had a lot of feelings to work out and the funeral definitely helped with that. For sure. And my mama heart is very grateful for that. Our kids also got to play with their cousins (Ann's sisters) and that was good for all of them I think.

Today we are going to celebrate my birthday and it's going to be good. And we are going into this long weekend ready to buckle down and potty train. (Wish us luck!! We need it!)

4 comments:

  1. I thought yesterday was your birthday!!! Did I totally miss it on facebook? I am so sorry! I was thinking about you. Screaming toddlers...solidarity...I am so sorry about the crappiness of the whole situation. Your precious sweet niece Ann...what a gorgeous name. Our 4th baby lost to miscarriage is named Anne. It is one of my favorites! I hope you have a great night tonight! And I am right there with you on the potty training thing. We are hitting it hard next week after Elizabeth goes to school and Katharine and I are going to focus! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meaning, I remembered yesterday during the day that is was probably your birthday, but then I didn't get back on facebook to confirm. LOL...isn't that horrible that I wait for facebook to tell me. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, sweet friend!
    Oh...to be 31 again!
    Anyway, praying for your family as you all your the loss of sweet Anne.
    Have a cozy long weekend.
    And potty training? Oh the days!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See!
      I am too old to find a mistake, even when I proofread!
      Should be...as you mourn the loss of sweet Anne.
      Night!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!