Life is just keeping on keeping on in these parts. Which is the weirdest thing about death isn't it? For loved ones, everything changes in an instant. But the world as a whole moves forward in a typical fashion.
I have not found my groove yet to the school year. The first week was one day long. The second week was interrupted by the funeral. This week obviously is shorter too. Maybe next week I'll figure it out. The past two years with morning school I had to get it together. I am NOT a morning person. But 2 or 4 mornings a week I had no choice but to be. Afternoon TK is another story and I need to figure out a routine that helps me get it together in the mornings. And feel a little more like this:
Today is the first real "feels like Fall day" here. Everyone is wearing jeans. Which is kind of nice actually. I love jeans! But it got me a little panicked about the "w" word which I am not going to type here because I am not going to will it into existence.
Anyway, I bought M her "w" coat today. Last year somehow magically all the gear fit and I just had to buy a pair of boots. This year I knew she was going to need a coat. There is a very long story that did not impress my mom or Husband so just know I bought the exact coat I wanted for less than I thought I would spend. Winning.
So even though I haven't found my groove just yet, I am trying to get ahead of the game a little. Halloween costumes are done(ish). The kids know what they want to be. I have C's costume. I ordered M's and it comes on Friday. The only thing I need to do is to buy the base layer items. C needs a shirt and M needs leggings.
I have made M's birthday list and started some Christmas lists for both kids. It seems crazy to be thinking about Christmas already but golly if Fall doesn't always get away from me if I don't. Luckily Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that takes care of itself!!
Anyway happy Wednesday! Can you believe we're already this much closer to weekend? Yay!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!