Friday, September 8, 2017

Really Just Rambling

Good morning! I am feeling pretty on top of life today which is kind of a nice change so I am just embracing that! I actually feel rested this morning on top of the fact that I immediately got to work to get dinner into the crock pot. I made this but without the freezing it ahead part. 

And it you can be the most impressed because it was supposed to be our dinner yesterday and I didn't remember until about 2:45 that it was supposed to be in the crock pot... whomp whomp. So yesterday we had our shrimp poppers dinner and we're all just going to go with best intentions on that whole meat on Friday thing. 

Did you read the NY Times article about the adorably cute married for 75 years couple named Harvey and Irma?  Well you should if you haven't because they're wonderful. All these hurricanes make me sad and I just hope that somehow Irma is not as horrible as predicted because my poor little heart can't take it. And with the wild fires out west it's just a lot of rather harsh perspective. 

I did a pretty terrible job taking pictures this week and only have this to offer you. 


My parents sent us a package of things they got at the State Fair and then included this Vikings cheerleader outfit for M and C got a shirt. C is saving his shirt for Monday but M didn't last four minutes before it was put on. You can't see but I put a yellow bow in her hair too. Because her hair has that bit of curl to it, she has a very cute cheerleader ponytail. 

It seems crazy that football season is already here again. My fantasy football team Down By the Schoolyard is playing my dad this week. And he had a guy yesterday who got 39 points! That's kind of unreal. 

Tonight my bestie is coming over to play Settlers of Catan: Seafarers expansion. I got both the regular game and the expansion for my birthday. I really enjoy playing and have played with my family before. But my brother took the copy of the game with him to Virginia and I figured that he wouldn't fly it home every holiday. 

Also this weekend marks the best Greek Orthodox church's Greek Fest. With a drive through to get the Baklava. Oh my yum. I just love fresh Baklava. Which also probably means I need to watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding... 

Oh! And Hollywood remembered that people like romantic comedies and they actually made one! Of course it will be reviewed terribly but this is my not caring face. Haters gonna hate and all that. I cannot wait to go see it! 


Hopefully this week some time. I will say that I find it highly suspect that every time an actual movie I want to go see comes out (rare) the concession coupon of the week is terrible. But when it's Spiderman 27 and War Movie: It's Epic they have free popcorn with a pop kind of coupons. I'm on to you movie theater... 

Thanks for reading my ramblings if you made it this far. Happy weekend!! 



2 comments:

  1. I just adore you!
    We would for sure be friends in real life...
    Games. movies, football, crockpot meals, and fantasy football.
    We've got it covered.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    And I just love that feeling of "I'm Supermom" when you have that dinner in the crockpot before lunch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that looks like a really cute movie! My husband will watch a lot of things he doesn't like with me but he will not do romantic comedies. But that's okay because I don't do war documentaries.

    I hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!