Thursday, October 26, 2017

And Now Fall Break!

Hello friends! We made it to Fall Break!

C's Conference on Tuesday evening was just wonderful. A night and day difference from last year's. I always felt last year that they never really knew my kid. Does that make sense? They weren't unhelpful with their comments or his educational progress reports but they just never got C. 

But this year, they really see him for the unique and wonderful little boy that he is. As suspected academically he is kicking tush and taking names. Apparently he even read a book to his classmates during story time. (Things parents would love to hear from their kid instead of what they had for snack!) The very best part of the conference though was the way his teachers clearly delight in my child. They love him and it makes my heart so happy that he is in a class where he is seen and loved. That's what any parent wants from their child's teachers. 

Yesterday at school was the Pumpkin Patch. Which apparently parents were invited to? I missed that memo but C didn't seem to mind even though I felt terrible. But M wouldn't have handled it well since she would have wanted a pumpkin, so the story I am telling is that it was a totally conscious choice! He was excited to get a pumpkin. And then we we got home he made our own backyard patch. 


The chalk art is really hard to read because of the sun/shadows coming through the trees, but it says "Welcome to Are Patch!" I was only consulted on how to spell "welcome" so that's why the wrong use of are over our. 

Last night was also trunk-or-treat at school which was a wonderful kick off to the Halloween season! We got stuck behind a one-year-old and his parents would just not. pick. him. up. And it was frustrating because he didn't get it and was apparently crabby which I get, but he was slow and didn't want to trick-or-treat. But it was fun despite being kind of crazy and lots of people ran out of candy before we got to them. The only pictures I have that are good are ones from inside the fellowship hall before the pizza dinner. 



I kid you not that the pictures I took in my backyard all have my probably intoxicated neighbor in them. Luckily we have a few more opportunities for pictures in their costumes so we will try again! Hopefully sans my neighbor. 

And now we don't go back to school until Tuesday! Awesome! School is great but so is a break!

2 comments:

  1. Drunk neighbors! You probably have some good stories! I'm so glad he is enjoying school and doing so well. And yes, all any of us want is for our kids to be seen and loved by their teachers. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you little guy!!!
    And your Minnie Mouse???
    Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!