I have been in massive spring cleaning mode. I deep cleaned the kitchen on Sunday. And I did the porch yesterday. I would love to tell you I am doing one room a day but life, you know? We've got to keep the rest of the house clean and the kids alive right? But it is so satisfying to get the winter grime out. I'll get there to the rest of the rooms! But those were the worst anyway.
We are gearing up for a fun weekend. We are going to baseball tonight as long as the rain holds off. C has a soccer game tomorrow. (Which I wouldn't mind at all if the rain didn't hold off and that got canceled.)
Look, I got a little excited when I saw some of the kids in his class were signing up. He took the soccer skills class for years and that went well enough. So I thought why not? Because I hate sports. Remind me of that next time I get a little FOMO will you?!
C is adorable. And actually, his skills aren't bad. But he is not aggressive. It's kind of a hard concept actually. In every single other part of life, he's supposed to wait his turn and not steal the ball or get in front of people. Ultimately, I turned out just fine never having played a team sport and I feel pretty good about his chances of being fine too. We've got loads of time to figure it out.
Sunday is Mother's Day. I feel bad for the women who feel like they can't go to church because of the mother's blessing. My heart aches for them. But I really love the blessing because darn it, if I don't need a little encouragement sometimes. Hopefully, we have an inclusive blessing for the best of all worlds.
But really. I am sure the day will be lovely.
They may not appreciate my overthinking but they do appreciate me. And golly but I am glad they're mine.

I am with you on the sports stuff.
ReplyDeleteWhen Rhett was younger, they always had a soccer game on Mother's Day.
Which, I am sure many mothers were thrilled about. Me? Meh.
Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!! You are an awesome one, my friend.
There is plenty of time for him to figure out if sports are for him or not. Sarah and Peter both really enjoy track and swimming because they can contribute to the team without being the reason they win or lose if that makes sense. And if he doesn't find a sport he likes, that's no big deal either. It's hard though with all the parental social media posts on all the fabulous wins and saves and shots and hits that everyone's kids seem to be making! I am trying to just appreciate the fact that my kids are getting exercise and enjoying their friends/teammates in the process.
ReplyDelete