Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Summer Life

It has been a week since I've been here in this space! Crazy. Here's what we've been up to.


We've been spending a lot of time outside. Mostly in the mornings. But sometimes in the afternoon. But as you can see in the picture, our backyard is shaded in the afternoon which makes it so much more tolerable. They have finally come around to the sprinkler. Which is good because it's fun and easier than inflating and filling a pool. 


Husband was out of town Thursday-Saturday Sunday (Delayed flight ---> missed connection ---> extra night.) Thursday night we had a campout sleepover in our living room. The kids were beyond excited. And then when it came time to actually sleep they decided that the floor wasn't comfy so they went to C's bed. (He has a double.) Still in their sleeping bags side-by-side. Ha. 


We made brownies. Yes, I let them lick the whisk. I like to live dangerously. 


We went to see Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Musical yesterday. It was really great. M stole the show of the audience members in her Knuffle Bunny shirt and with her own Knuffle Bunny. C wore his Pigeon and there was an awesome Pigeon puppet who made an appearance so that was awesome. #mowillemsbiggestfans 


And we've been spending even more time outside playing. I could cite all the studies about the outdoors and brain development. Or I could tell you they sleep better when they play outside. But really it's because when they're outside I can get some reading done and the kids mostly just play without needing anything.

I feel like we are busy. But by normal standards, we are not. Some days we don't even have anything. And days we do have something it's usually like, going to the park. Or an appointment. Nothing too major. VBS is coming though and that will be a long long week. In a good way certainly and I am excited/nervous about it.

Alright. More soon. Promise!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys are having an awesome summer so far! And I think your VBS will be great!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!