Monday, August 20, 2018

Our Weekend

We had a family fun day on Saturday, for our last weekend before school starts. We went to the museum. Everyone played for hours.

It was a special day I did not know about before we went. (Or we wouldn't have gone because I am allergic to crowds.) But there were special things, like make your own rock candy class. 


Hovercraft rides. 

C took a watercolor class. He painted fish and when he was all done, he showed the fish that live in the classroom. 


Balloon animals they were really excited to show me. (Sarcasm. They just wanted to go play.) 


And we spent extra time in the Eric Carle exhibit before it leaves. 


Yesterday afternoon we went to a new-to-us ice cream shop. It was fine. For my money, I think the other local joint has way better normal ice cream and DQ is always good too. I just don't understand why ice cream needs to have lavender or balsamic in it. There was also a goat cheese one and while I would never ever in a million years claim to be a foodie, I just don't get it. Fancy foodie ice cream isn't as good as regular flavors. (Don't even get me started on Sweet Corn ice cream. I know we live in Iowa but for goodness sakes, cut it out.) 

Today is a complete Carpenter's song. It's Monday and rainy. Which is actually so comforting and cozy to me today. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day at the museum and a cozy day is perfect before all the chaos of school sets in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are comfy and cozy today, my friend.
    And the ice cream?
    No. Just no.
    The craziest I get is Java Chip. : )
    Hugs and love for you Mommy as school days begin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!