Monday, October 15, 2018

Mo Soccer

The past two weeks M's soccer games have been canceled. We've had so much rain, like flash flood quantities of rain and the Mississippi is so high that roads are closed that the fields are just soup. I am sad for her, but I kind of don't really mind. Isn't that terrible?



So on Saturday instead of going to the soccer game, Husband took the kids to Barnes and Noble for their storytime. All the Barnes and Nobles do this on Saturday, it's amazing. They read a story and then they do an activity related to the story. Usually a coloring sheet or something. And this past Saturday was Unlimited Squirrels: I Lost My Tooth by Mo Willems.

C was going to go anyway, and M was so excited to join him! And Barnes and Noble outdid themselves!


They read the story, did the coloring sheet, handed out hats, stickers, cookies and a little toy. (The toy was unrelated to Mo Willems.) As fate would have it, C has his first wiggly tooth right now so the book is especially timely. We, of course, have had the book since it's release on October 2, but for my kids, there's no such thing as too much Mo! 

So it worked out that there was no game because both kids had a great time. I had time to myself to write my review. Bless. It was bliss. 


1 comment:

  1. I am never disappointed when a practice or a meet gets cancelled. I always consider it a little gift! Sounds like the perfect Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!