Today started earlier than normal because Fall Back is hard on early birds. Yesterday morning M came into our room when the time started with a 4!!! Blah. But at least they're cheerful-it goes the opposite in the spring.
This weekend was low-key as I anticipated. We watched some movies, took it easy, bagged up some more leaves before a big rain. The good news is the rain took out the bulk of our leaves so when everything dries up a bit, it's the tail end of yard clean up!
I made a pie.
This is my prebaked pie. I somehow didn't get a picture of the baked pie but it was really good. I pride myself on my apple pie. I put a lot of love into it. Husband, growing up with the apple orchard, is no stranger to apple pie but he doesn't love it. I do love it and set out every year to change his mind. It's still not his favorite but he does say that if every pie had been that good when he was younger he probably wouldn't have a stigma against it.
Yesterday after the time change we went to a special adoration in the afternoon. The kids stayed for just five minutes or so and then Husband and I each took a turn. A few minutes is better than none! And then we came home and Husband and M made homemade spaghetti for dinner. Fresh pasta is so good!
And making meatball chipmunk cheeks is fun too!
But then, just before bedtime, something big happened at our house!
C lost his first tooth! And he was SO excited! (And so tired. It was staying up late for his body!) The tooth fairy came and everything. And he gets to go on the classroom "Who Lost A Tooth" chart. He's pretty hopeful that he'd be the first kid in November, but we'll just have to see.
So that's what we know! Have a wonderful start to your week!






Yay!!!
ReplyDeleteThe first of many teeth for the Tooth Fairy!
And yes, please. I will have a piece of that beautiful pie. : )
Your pie looks so lovely even before baking!!! I love the little star in the middle. Also, I LOVE your mixer. That color is the prettiest! How exciting that the tooth fairy made a visit! xx
ReplyDeleteMadison | Breakfast at Madison’s
How exciting for him!!!! I hope the Tooth Fairy was prepared! Sometimes ours was and sometimes ours wasn't! :)
ReplyDelete