So do you read the books that Reese Witherspoon picks? The Hello Sunshine Book Club? Well, I am rarely disappointed by Reese's picks. The only ones I haven't loved have been thrillers and I just don't love thrillers that much. (And even some of those I enjoyed!)
Her March book is Daisy Jones and the Six and I wasn't really sure what to think but you guys, it's AMAZING. It's like reading a documentary. It's the story of a fictional 70s rock band and their rise to fame. I don't even really like 70s rock music much but this book makes me want to.
If the book was actually a documentary it would be rated R for sure. So know that. But wow, it was a good read. I didn't realize it was just released on Tuesday but that's when my library digital copy came in and I finished last night. It really reads like a guilty pleasure VH1 Behind the Music and I couldn't put it down. And the ending! I didn't see that coming.
And because it's a Hello Sunshine Book it is going to be an Amazon series I guess. So that's super exciting.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!