Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Fat Tuesday



A friend shared this image with me yesterday and I just really like it. It is a good reminder certainly. Lent starts tomorrow. That's crazy. Except not. I bought the Blessed is She devotional to work through this Lent and I am excited about that.

We are not really Mardis Gras-ing at all. Our Parish (well at least a good chunk of it) is doing an Exodus 90 right now. The men through the actual Exodus 90 program and the women in an abbreviated one. With this, we have Wednesday and Friday fasts, no sweets, no alcohol, no television or movies, no social media*, no unnecessary spending, increased prayer times etc. So we've already been living Lent since January 21 and it's been really spiritual. The idea is to rid yourself of the vices and learn to depend on God. It works.

*I did not count blogging as social media, but I have been very cognizant to only blog if I really have something to say or I want to remember. And I am not blog hopping right now. I check in with the blogs I know I love and that's it, to really minimize my time spent online.

I hope your heart is ready for Lent to guide you where you're meant to be.

1 comment:

  1. You are inspirational, my friend.
    Prayers for a spiritual Lent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!