Thursday, February 27, 2020

Sick Day

Well, we started Lent out with a bang. Poor M got sick at Mass yesterday. Luckily she's too young to be embarrassed by the situation and I had a lot of friends jump in to help me get everything cleaned up.

To be honest, I am fairly sure it was an "I didn't chew my lunch very well" situation rather than an "actual bug" situation but nevertheless she earned herself a day home with me based on the 24-hour rule. And I don't mess around with it because I want others to follow it and also there is a little boy in her class who is immunosuppressed.

After I got her home and showered I had her lay on the couch to watch Frozen 2 and rest. Just in case I brought in a big bowl and when I came walking in she said: "ooh popcorn!" Nope. Sure wasn't, but definitely was a good sign that she wasn't actually sick.

But the real good news is that she's totally fine and other than being deeply mad that she can't go to school we are poised for a fun day together.

C was so sad that we (the girls) missed Mass that he said one for us. I don't know if I mentioned that he got a Roman Missal to go with his Mass kit.  Authenticity is key.




It was a very nice Mass. Ash Wednesday is actually one of my favorite Masses of the year so it was nice to have a little bit of one.

Anyway, us gals will be snuggled up and hanging out today. And honestly, a sick day, when she's not actually sick, is kind of nice. Who doesn't love a bonus day with their kid? I sure don't mind, especially since these days together are fleeting.

Have a good Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!