Monday, July 6, 2020

The Holiday Weekend

Our weekend was spent super low-key which was excellent. 

Friday night, like everyone else it seems we watched Hamilton. We did strategically serve our cookie pizza during "Say No To This" which was exactly as distracting as I wanted it to be. 

Ultimately... we appreciate it. Seeing it live is 100 times better of course, but this is a real gift to have the show on my television whenever I want. There are some shots I disagree with, but since Thomas Kail directed both the stage and the film I will just go with it and know that they're proud of it. 

I am consistently overwhelmed by the details of the show. It's just so well done. It's possible I have pretty much been watching it since Friday night. I am obsessed with the second act. 

Saturday we swam with some friends.  


For some reason, they were out of blueberries so our flag cake is pretty much a plague cake which somehow seems appropriate for 2020. 


We had our traditional Macy's fireworks and glowstick party! And it's still fun! 


Yesterday we finally got to go back to Mass and it was so good. A little weird. But good. 

I hope you spent your weekend well! 

1 comment:

  1. Perfection, as always! I am admiring your icing swipes on that cake, you know! Blackberries are so good! So glad you could go back to mass. Hope you are happy and healthy,my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!