Thursday, October 15, 2020

All The Things

 So this week has had it's ups and downs certainly. One day it was 77 and sunny. Today, it's 54 and sunny. Sounds about right for October doesn't it? 

One thing to be so thankful for is that 2020 really showed up with the beautiful colored trees. We had that cold snap and then it warmed up again, which gave us just gorgeous leaves. I am not often impressed by the trees by us, but you know what? They are nice. 

M loves to look at the leaves too, which is also my favorite. Let's see what else this week has brought to us? 

Each kid got a dollar in the mail from Grandpa!


This little lady really wanted a hula hoop. And my parents thought she should have one. She's pretty good at it actually. 


This guy didn't necessarily want a hula hoop, but he got one anyway. He is still practicing to get the motions down just right. 


We also got Booed! Do they do this in your town around Halloween? This fun bag full of Halloween goodies appeared and now we are going to pass the love on.  


And that brings us to another weekend. It's not supposed to be very nice, unfortunately, but we will certainly make the best of it. October is speeding past faster than I could have anticipated. 

One of the little boys from M's preschool class passed away this week. He has been battling brain cancer for 3 years. And we are all devastated but put our faith in him resting safely with Jesus. 

I started up a Bible study with some friends this week. And I am excited about that. Our parish has also formed Emmaus groups, a program developed at Franciscan. It's small discipleship quads to dig deep over the next year in keeping hope in Christ alive and having a chance for faith community connection. 

Because man do we need Jesus more than ever right now don't we? I am excited to journey with some great women to live my faith as well as I can!

So that's what's going on around these parts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!