Monday, October 12, 2020

Halloween Birthday Party

We could never have imagined when we planned a party that it would be 80 degrees in October! But it was. So while it was definitely a little bit hot and muggy that was okay. (Better than the alternative definitely, though we could have done without the bugs. Minute Pirate Bugs are the worst!) 

To recap: M and her friend both have October birthdays turning 6. We threw a joint party with a Halloween theme to embrace the season. 


Did I watch Frozen II in order to find out how Anna's hair looked on the journey so I could try to replicate it? Yes, I did. And I think it turned out okay. I will get more appropriate ponytail holders for Halloween. 

Preparty Birthday Girls! And here are the big brother Party Helpers!


We started with a Great Pumpkin sticker sheet as everyone arrived. Had a scavenger hunt. A mummy race. 

Took a break for a snack of Halloween goldfish, ghost string cheese, peeled cuties with celery stems so they looked like pumpkins, pumpkin bottled water, and ghostie juices. 

We did a craft, played musical chairs, a pinata, bingo, and had cookies to celebrate the birthday girls. We didn't dare do a cake or cupcakes because we didn't want to get the kid's costumes dirty. 





This gorgeous space is my friend's YARD! Can you even stand it?! So perfect for the weekend. And hosting. And I really just love it too much. 



Because our girls are truly blessed, we asked for donations of food for those who have less. (Instead of gifts.) Look how generous our friends are! I am so grateful for a wonderful community and friends. 



We are so happy we could celebrate our girls well and have just a lot of fun!! 







1 comment:

  1. This is the PERFECT party! And that backyard is so gorgeous. What a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!