Our family decided yesterday to celebrate the end of summer break.
We first went to brunch. We've been wanting to do that for a while but getting there early enough to get a seat conflicts with our typical mass time so we rearranged our weekend to make it happen. Totally worth it! It was also a mini-celebration of Husband and I's anniversary which was last week. It was a great brunch, with prime rib, carving ham, a crepe station, omelets, and eggs benedict bar. Plus normal brunch options as well. A special occasion kind of thing, but delicious all the same.
Then we went bowling!
I will have you know that I won! (And I was just as shocked as you at that turn of events.) We didn't turn on the bumpers for the kids until the second turn. But we had a great time and it was a lot of fun. We really ought to remember we enjoy bowling and go more frequently than every three years.
After bowling, we let the kids have a half hour of arcade time. Which was fine. By the end, it was starting to get crowded and not that much fun, so I was happy we had limited time to be there. All of us had a great time together and it was the perfect capstone to a summer of fun together.




Brunch and bowling! It sounds perfectly lovely and it sounds like you may have a new end of summer tradition!
ReplyDelete