I am very thankful for the last little bit here. I haven't had much to check in about because we've been enjoying summer together and soaking in every drop of fun we could muster. And I have been trying extremely hard to focus on my family and to put down my devices so there isn't even much to show for our last 10 days by way of pictures.
We hit the Religious Supply store for jumpers. Such a pain because the 7 fits perfectly! But with absolutely no room to grow.
And she's drowning in the 8. There is, of course, nothing in between. Because obviously.
Ultimately, thanks to the used uniform sale, I got a few 7s to start the year and I bought new 8s. Hopefully, I can figure out someone who can help me hem them up to be let down when she gets a little taller.
And we took our kids to one of our favorite places because we had a gift card. Nothing beats eating dinner out for $5. (What was needed to round out the tip.)
Sunday we had a pool party BBQ with some friends.
Tuesday night I went to a little get-together with my old Emmaus girls and we had a little baby sprinkle. I took no pictures.
Wednesday night I went to a different get-together book club. I was in my last book club for 10 years and then COVID went and killed it. (I mean, it did, but also the main people moved away not related to the virus but I like to just blame COVID.) I again took no pictures.
Then last night I had a show to go see. Husband came with me, which is very unusual.
One more week of summer before school starts!! I can't believe it!






I was always very thankful for the used uniform closet! Glad you were able to find a size 7 there! Unless Sarah takes our selfies, they are horrible. Teen-aged girls know exactly how to do it! :)
ReplyDeleteSometimes I think we might have been better off before all the devices. We got less pictures, but spent more time just being "in the moment"...(says the Grammy who takes THOUSANDS of pictures with her iPhone!!).
ReplyDeleteThe end of summer is so bittersweet. I always hated to see it end when our guys were growing up! But seeing your girl looking so adorable in that jumper must take the sting out a bit. Catholic school uniforms are the best!!
Look at that precious girl in her jumper!!! You know, my girls always liked it when the seamstress...because I am unable to thread a needle...altered their jumpers. She would tuck that middle piece up and stitch it rather than hem from the bottom. It looked better, and was easier to let down when they grew! Happy New School Year!!!
ReplyDelete