Friday, January 27, 2023

FRIDAY!

 Hello FRIDAY! 

Can you just feel relief at the fact it is Friday today? I know that I am so so glad. This week was not a good one for taking pictures or having anything meaningful to share. But I like blogging on Fridays so here I am anyway. 

Yesterday I ran all the errands. And I don't like running errands. I am definitely an "if I can order it online" or do "curbside" pickup, I am in. Well, I took the kids to their rehearsal, and then I went to Michaels. This was the one place where, in fact, I had done an order ahead. And picking up your item at Michaels is as easy as grabbing a bag off a shelf. So I was happy! 

Then I went to Party City. M is going to a birthday party tomorrow and needed a Squishmallow keychain for her gift, and I knew they had them there. But also I am going to trivia tonight and I am in charge of tableware. While I could have gone basic, I instead opted for: 


A princess party! I got the big and little plates and napkins in this theme. 

Then I went next door to Staples to buy post-it flags. And that was a whole thing. I wandered the entire store looking for Post-It flags. But I found them and secured them! Yay! 

Then I went to Target to buy cutlery and cups for trivia. I opted to get a pack of anti-bacterial hand wipes too just in case anyone needs to clean their hands this evening. I also got eggs because I am practically a millionaire. 

That may not sound like a lot. But 4 stores in the span of an hour is A LOT for me. I didn't really enjoy shopping before COVID. And then with the world figuring out how to shop without going in during the worst of it... I haven't really needed to go shopping since then. Don't get me wrong, I will go shopping. But I am very much a one-store and-then get-back-home kind of person. 

The reason I had to go to Michaels was that I needed screen printing ink. And I needed screen printing ink because I had to make shirts. 

So last night I made shirts for my retreat group. 



Husband got me a Cricut for Christmas. Or he said he would. And then I got sick of waiting so I just ordered it myself. And it came yesterday. And so did the shirts. And I didn't have anything last night so I actually had time. So... the miracle of screen printing. 

I think they turned out great and I totally dig that they're handmade with love. 

But most of all... it's FRIDAY. And I am so happy! 

2 comments:

  1. I shop like you and four stores is exhausting!! Those shirts came out so cute! You are very good at your job(s).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! We should be neighbors and we could take turns running errands! I would never go into a store again if I could get away with it! Love the shirts! And I had to smile because I did the same thing with a few things I asked for too! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!