This past weekend was the kid's performances of Beauty and the Beast. They did such a great job. I am so very proud of them!
C was Maurice, Belle's dad. And he was just fantastic. I am not just saying that because he's my kid. The role worked well for him and all his little quirks and people were coming up to him to tell him how great he was. It was actually too much for him and he burst into tears on Saturday night because he was a combination of overtired, happy, proud, and overwhelmed. (He's a total introvert so strangers coming to talk to him is his personal nightmare.)
He had wanted to be Cogsworth. I do truly think he would have been a good Cogsworth and would have even done a better job than the person who played the role, but he really was an excellent Maurice!
M rocked her little bits and the chorus role beautifully. She's a real hoot to see on stage.
There were nine friends from school in the show and we took a group picture on Sunday. These sweet kids did such a nice job and I am so happy for them to have had that experience together!









I am so proud of C, as a fellow introvert, because I would never have the guts to be in the play at all! The kids look so cute and I'm sure everyone is glad it's over and went well :)
ReplyDeleteI love this so much! I'm so glad it went well and that the kids did a great job! I also sympathize with C - talking to anyone outside of my little circle stresses me out!
ReplyDeleteYay for your kids!!!! That is a great deal of work and commitment, and I am glad they had fun. I can relate to your son. I don't like talking to anyone outside my bubble!
ReplyDelete